- Upwaas Bhajani is a special pseudo-grain flour or ‘atta,’ suitable for upvaas/fasting.
- This savory, low-fat, high-protein flour is used to make thepla, puri, vada, thalipeeth (multigrain flatbread), and many more delicious items!
- To prepare upwas Roti, mix the flour with warm water, mashed potatoes, green chillies, curd, salt, and sugar to prepare a dough. Roll it into rotis and cook both sides until golden brown. Serve along with curd, raita, coconut, and other chutneys for the best taste!
- Our vendor has been making this preservative-free bhajani from the past 15 years with the secret recipe originated from their grandmother!
Shelf life: 12 months
Ingredients: Rajgira (Amaranth), Warai, Cumin Seeds, Sabudana, Red Chilli Powder, Salt
Nutritional Information [per 100g (approx)]
Calories (Kcal) 310 Total Fat (g) 3.35 Total Sugar (g) 16.41 Protein (g) 9.65
Carbohydrates, % 76.36 Saturated Fat (g) 0.45 Cholesterol (mg) 1.00
Sodium (mg) 1888.48 Dietary Fibre (g) 11.32 Vitamin A 10% Vitamin C 2.70%
- Mix 500gm of The State Plate’s Upwas Bhajani, 2 to 3 tablespoons crushed groundnuts and coriander leaves in water to make a dough.
- Divide the dough into 5 to 6 parts. Apply some ghee on pan and spread one of these parts of the dough with hands on the pan.
- Roast till both the sides turn golden brown. Your tasty Upwas Thalipeeth is ready to serve. Serve with ghee, dahi or groundnut chutney.
- You can also make delicious cutlets from the same dough.
I am so very glad that The State Plate is providing these core products, fresh from their respective states. Delivering a slice of culture into our kitchens and tummy 👍🙂